Second Life? What is that???

.
For those of you who may not know, Second Life (SL) is a virtual world. Although it is neither the first nor the only one, it is, nowadays, the most popular one. SL is a "place" that anyone can access through the web, and where you can establish a permanent presence. Once there, you are allowed not only to interact with the elements around you, but to create new ones. You can find people from all around the globe, communicate with them and share all kind of experiences.



In this blog, I will be exploring the exciting development of this new world from my personal interests (i.e. filmmaking, education, languages, technology,...) and I want to do it in an understandable way, so that hopefully everyone will be able to get something from these lines which may be helpful in the sometimes very complex SL environment. I will try to create two copies of all pieces of writing, and I will be writing both in English (the language that I use on a daily basis) and in Spanish (my mother tongue).
.

.
Most importantly, I believe SL, as well as any upcoming virtual world must belong to everybody, like the Internet itself. It must become an extension of ourselves, a way of making communication easier and more enjoyable at a global scale. And, in the same way that it is a very powerful tool for us, we all must take responsibility for it and make of this platform the best possible one. This is the one main point I'll be conducting these articles from.

See you soon.

No comments: